Introductions - Head of Developer Relations & Community

:wave: Hey all! My name is Brittany Joiner (she/her), and you might have seen me around here before as I’ve been an avid PixieBrix user for over a year now, and I wanted introduce myself as I’ve just officially joined the PixieBrix Team! Some people have called me PixieBritt before and I’m planning to lean into that :slight_smile:

I’m going to be leading our community and developer relations efforts to help more people build cool stuff with PixieBrix and share it with the world. I’ve been an active member of the Atlassian Community for several years, and I’ve thankfully had a lot of good examples there of how to do community well, and I’m looking forward to bringing this community to life.

If you have any ideas for extensions you want to build, but just aren’t yet sure how, let me know and we’ll be happy to help! Be on the lookout for more soon. You’ll be hearing a lot from me as I’ll be working on making more resources and content, as well as making it easier for you to find on your PixieBrix journey.

In case you wanted to know more about me…

:house_with_garden: Based in Baton Rouge, LA (but you’ll often find me traveling all over the world)

:family_woman_woman_boy: My partner and I have a cute pup named Levi (who often joins my calls and livestreams), and when we’re not working or nerding out over productivity things, you’ll find us reading together on the couch, planning a trip together, or walking around finding Pokemon.

:muscle: I studied marketing and worked in that for a while after university, and then became a developer and learned to code, and now I’m bringing those skills together in community!

:taco: I’m a huge Trello nerd… I’ve built so many interesting things in Trello boards from a meal planning automator to a social media scheduler, and more. You’ll see a lot of my PB extensions relate to Trello.

:zap: My favorite PixieBrix extension is the one I use to organize all the new products I find on Product Hunt and keep them organized in a Trello board. (You can see it in action and use it for yourself here.)

Looking forward to getting to know more of you here and building cool things together! Come find me in the PixieBrix Community Slack, or DM me on Twitter.

4 Likes

Welcome, Brittany! :partying_face:

2 Likes

Welcome to the team @britt_joiner!